Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Savage Limited Edition Mako Talo 17HMR

Some of you may think of Savage Arms as a cheap gun. They are far from cheap. They may be inexpenive but they are not cheap. The quality is there. Savage Arms was founded in 1894 by Arthur Savage in Utica, New York. Within 20 years they were producing rifles, handguns, and ammunition.[1] Savage merged with the Driggs-Seabury Ordnance Company during World War I and produced Lewis machine guns.[1] In 1920 Savage bought Stevens Arms. In 1939, Savage introduced the Model 24, a rare U.S. double rifle, which is actually an over-under rifle/shotgun combination that sold over a million copies.

I recently purchased a Savage Limited Edition Mako Talo 17HMR and I must say this is the best rimfire rifle I have. At 100 yards I can shoot groups of 1" - 1"1/2 I put a BSA Sweet 17 HMR scope on it . It is a 6x18 power. Together they make a good pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment